Belviq 10 mg lorcaserin hcl buy 100 pills
Belviq 10 mg lorcaserin hcl
Belviq 10 mg lorcaserin hcl is indicated as an adjunct to a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity for chronic weight
management in adult patients with an initial body mass index (BMI) of:
- 30 kg/m2 or greater (obese), or
- 27 kg/m2 or greater (overweight) in the presence of at least one weight related comorbid condition (e.g., hypertension, dyslipidemia, type 2 diabetes)
lorcaserin hcl Belviq 10 mg
Lorcaserin 10 mg, marketed under the brand name Belviq is a weight-loss drug developed by Arena Pharmaceuticals. It reduces appetite by activating a type of serotonin receptor known as the 5-HT2C receptor in a region of the brain called the hypothalamus, which is known to control appetite.
- Use of SSRIs and SNRIs was excluded in clinical trials because of theoretical risk for serotonin syndrome.
- There are no studies on the safety or efficacy of combining lorcaserin with other weight loss drugs such as phentermine, topiramate or orlistat.
- Use with caution with drugs that are CYP 2D6 substrates whose exposure can be increased.
Adult Dosing: 10mg orally twice daily. Discontinue at week 12 if 5% weight loss has not been achieved. Maximum dose is 20mg/day. Pediatric: Safety and efficacy have not been established in pediatric patients. Use is not recommended.